In school you are taught a lesson and then given a test.
In life you are given a test that teaches you a lesson.
- Tom Bodett.
I did not join the struggle to remain poor”
– ANC’s Smuts Ngonyama, 2008
Culture of entitlement perpetuates victimhood syndrome.
Government’s answer to poverty is social grants – not job creation.
BEE has become a runaway train as ever more regulations are added.
If BEE was a success, how come the army of social grant recipients keeps growing?
Equity has no place in the hierarchy of competence.
Initiative and enterprise cannot be shackled to conform to an ideology that prescribes equity as the outcome.
The political spectrum of the EFF runs from moderate anarchy to lights- out revolution.
The past does not have to define the future. Yesterday’s conflict does not have to be tomorrow’s war.
– President Donald Trump, 12 June 2018
Age is not really a question of how many years a person has lived, but how much he lived in those years.
– President Nixon (1972)
“It is impossible to maintain civilization with 12-year-olds having babies, with 15-year-olds killing each other, with 17-year-olds dying of AIDS and with 18-year-olds getting diplomas they can’t even read”
-Newt Gingrich, 2018
“The way to end discrimination on the basis of race, is to stop discriminating on the basis of race”
– US Supreme Court Judge John Roberts.
Roberts argument can be modified to apply to gender and LGBT, as follows:
The way to end discrimination on the basis of LGBT, is to stop discriminating on the basis of LGBT.
“The punishment which the wise suffer who refuse to take part in government, is to live under government by worse men.” - RALPH WALDO EMERSON
“Material abundance without character is the surest way to destruction.” THOMAS JEFFERSON
How to create a social state by Saul Alinsky [1909-1972]
(author of Rules for Radicals publ 1971)
There are 8 levels of control that must be obtained before you are able to create a social state.
The first is the most important.
1) Healthcare — Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty — Increase the Poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.
3) Debt — Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control — Remove the ability to defend themselves from the Government. That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare — Take control of every aspect of their lives (Food, Housing, and Income).
6) Education — Take control of what people read and listen to — take control of what children learn in school.
7) Religion — Remove the belief in the God from the Government and schools.
8) Class Warfare — Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (Tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Does any of this sound like what is happening to the United States? Europe? South Africa?
PS: Hillary Rodham Clinton did a thesis on Alinsky’s theory in 1969.
A set of men who have interests aside from the interests of the people and who, to say the most of them, are, taken as a class, at least one step removed from honest men. ABRAHAM LINCOLN ON POLITICIANS
‘Politicians: a set of men who have interests aside from the interests of the people, and who, to say the most of them, are, taken as a class, at least one step removed from honest men.’ - Abraham Lincoln
When you see that trading is done, not by consent, but by compulsion. When you see that in order to produce, you need to obtain permission from men who produce nothing. When you see that money is flowing to those who deal, not in goods, but in favours. When you see that men get richer by graft and by pull than by work, and your laws don't protect you against them, but protect them against you. When you see corruption being rewarded and honesty becoming a self-sacrifice; you may know that your society is doomed. AYN RAND
Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.
--Ronald Regan 1986
‘The trouble with socialism is that eventually you run out of other people’s money.’
The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of the blessings.
The inherent blessing of socialism is the equal sharing of misery.
What this country needs are more unemployed politicians
-- Edward Langley
Artist (1928 - 1995)
If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it will cost you when its free!
P. J. O'Rourke
The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled;public debts should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled; assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed.People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance.-